The Ozark Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and charismatic Office Coordinator to join our team. The Ozark Chamber strengthens Ozark through economic impact, community enrichment, and individual connection. The Chamber is an active and highly respected organization with approximately 450 members.
This part-time position will be 20-30 hours per week depending on work load, events, and Director scheduling. Normal working hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Working hours may be adjusted depending on the needs of your department and/or the Chamber.
POSITION: Office Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
COMPENSATION: Based on experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Handle all office related tasks including answering phone calls and walk in visits, responding to email requests for information, mailing out information and updating general information for volunteers
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Payable for the Ozark Chamber of Commerce and Carl G. Hefner Enterprise Center
- Perform reception and administrative duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner
- Answer visitor and member questions in a positive and welcoming manner
- Manage and restock Chamber resource center with community information
- Assist Chamber staff with daily errands of the Ozark Chamber of Commerce and the Carl G. Hefner Enterprise Center
- Control and maintain office supplies and inventory of equipment and service contracts
- Maintain the organizational calendar for meetings, events, conference room scheduling
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by Executive Director
SHARED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinate membership activities with the team – First Friday Coffees, Good Afternoon Ozark Luncheons, Working Ozark Women Luncheons, TIE Tuesday Business After Hours, Ozark Community Awards Banquet, Showcase Ozark Expo, Golf Tournament, Block Party, City Wide Garage Sale, State of the Community Dinner, Annual Christmas Parade, New Member Orientation
- Complete assigned activities, projects, or promotions within the prescribed time limits allowed
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of two – four (2-4) years of work experience in a professional office environment. Associates degree or higher preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a sense of vision for the mission of the Ozark Chamber of Commerce and the Carl G. Hefner Enterprise Center
- Planning/organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities without supervision, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans. Strong sense of urgency.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make independent decisions, exhibits sound judgment, makes timely decisions, and accepts responsibility for results.
- Communication (Oral and Written) – Conveys information persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills. At ease with handling negotiations. Ability to work comfortably and effectively with Board members, volunteers, peers, and organizations in multiple industries.
- Excellent influencing skills and ability to develop and maintain good relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Power Point; typing at least 65 WPM
- Experience with the following is preferred: Quickbooks, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides)
There is a six month probationary period for this position. A formal employee evaluation will be conducted at the end of each 90 days to review goals and determine achievement thereof. Evaluations may also occur on an as-needed basis as determined by the Executive Director.
Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a cover letter and resume to the Executive Director – email@example.com. Application deadline: June 23, 2017.